The Field Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing projects performed by the technician team(s) ensuring each project is completed on time and within budget. The FPM will work closely with the sales/system designer and product specialist to manage projects from the approval stage through to completion.
- Complete projects within assigned budget and timeline.
- Read and interpret construction schematics and architectural blueprints.
- Direct all personnel and activities on project site.
- Prepare documents for each assigned project including, but not limited to: project scopes of work, subcontractor scopes of work, product lists, change orders, and project schedules.
- Obtain quotes from qualified subcontractors as necessary.
- Facilitate internal project kick-off meetings that include key participants from sales, customer relations, installation and programming.
- Create and manage the project schedule and coordinate appropriate resources for all assigned projects.
- Point of contact for all internal and external project communication and documentation for the life of the project.
- Provide weekly job progress reports to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Acquire daily site progress reports from lead technicians and respond to needs identified.
- Work with the product manager for ordering of materials for projects. Ensure technician team inventory is stocked at all times.
- Manage all internal and external project change orders.
- Verify work performed on each assigned job meets quality standards.
- Manage or facilitate the testing and certification of installed systems.
- Ensure clients receive appropriate training on all installed systems.
- Create and maintain all project related documentation in accordance with company guidelines.
- Address all project team and client questions in a timely manner.
- Travel to various job sites required using company vehicle.
- General understanding of all tasks performed at Technician Level 1.
- Communicate with various departments including, product, marketing, customer relations, office management, bookkeeping and operations. Reports to the Operations Manager.
- 2+ years experience managing staff in a field service position. Experience in the AV field a plus.
- Has the ability to multitask, managing projects, clients and staff appropriately.
- Willing to learn and grow as a member of a rapidly growing company.
- CAPM or PMP certification a plus but not required.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and leadership skills.
- Ability prioritize duties for effective and successful performance.
- Ability to work under pressure with a heightened sense of urgency.
- Availability to work extended hours, holidays and weekends dependent upon client and business demands.
- Demonstrate positive and professional behavior towards clients and colleagues at all times.
- Excellent presentation skills and a strong command of the English language both written and spoken. Bilingual (Spanish) an advantage but not required.
- Highly proficient in Mac or PC platforms and mastery of Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel). Understands database management software.
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently as well as be a team player.
- Punctual, reliable and dedicated.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Yearly, depending on experience
Required education: High School or Equivalent
Required experience: 2+ years Audio Video Technical field experience